Click Here to Vote for your favorite routine!
Original Choreography Competition
Are you looking for the opportunity to perform, teach, and get the recognition you deserve? Have you always wanted to create choreography that would become the next Tranky Doo? Then this competition is for you. Below you will find information laying out the rules and guidelines for this competition.
VOTING IS NOW OPEN! (Vote NOW through February 8th)
The winner of this competition will be picked by public voting on the Hawkeye Swing Festival website between January 1st and January 15, 2013, so make your video fun to watch! The winner of the competition gets to teach their choreography at the event, and then perform that routine with members of the class during the main dance on Saturday night! Winner will also receive a free pass to Hawkeye Swing Festival, along with a free pass for a partner/friend, and free hotel room for the event (2 nights).
Competition Entry Information:
When submitting your entry to HawkeyeSwingFest@Gmail.com, you must include the following information. Failing to include this information will disqualify you from the competition.
Dance bio, and picture (to be put on event website along with video for voting, Winners bio and picture will be added to the instructors staff page on the website):
1. Length of song and choreography must be longer than 2 minutes, but shorter than 3 minutes
2. Choreography MUST be original, and must be solo jazz or partner swing dancing (no aerials)
3. Video must be shot after June 1st, and before the deadline
4. Video must be uploaded to youtube, and a link to the video needs to be emailed to HawkeyeSwingFest@Gmail.com, with all of your competition information (information below)
5. Video must include (verbally or typed) the name and home location of the choreographer (and dancers if there are more than one in the video), and name of the song and artist
6. All videos must be uploaded, and submitted by 11:59 PM Central Standard Time, January 6, 2012.
1. Create an original piece of solo jazz or partner swing dancing choreography (no aerials)
2. Please try to refrain from cutting and remixing songs, the goal is to create choreography that can be passed on to the current, and future generation of dancers.
3. Create a video of the choreography, be creative as it may score you extra points!
4. Upload the video to Youtube
5. Send a link to the video, along with the Competition Entry Information (found below) to HawkeyeSwingFest@Gmail.com
6. Get your friends, fellow dancers, and family to vote for your video!
Questions about the competition? Please email HawkeyeSwingFest@Gmail.com